Custom Search

Translate

Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Write a note on TV and other mass media


TV AND OTHER MEDIA 

Compared to other mass media, TV is closest to radio from which it is basically derived. Radio brought about a revolution by bringing sound into our homes. TV took the revolution a step further by adding sight to sound.

Similarities Between Radio and TV :
The similarity between radio and TV lies in the fact that both the media can at the same time reach a colossal audience regardless of geographical boundaries. No other media can reach so many people simultaneously.

The other similarity is that both the media can bring events to us immediately. While we have to wait a considerable broadcast or telecast immediately after it happens or even while it is still happening.

Both radio and TV are similar in that they can bring events to us live. Whether a cricket mach is in progress or a war, its sight or sounds can be brought to us by TV and radio, something which is not possible through any other medium.

Main Differences Between Radio and TV 

The main difference between TV and radio is that the TV focuses more attention than radio. While radio mobilizes only one sense, that is of sound and can be listened while doing something else at the same time, TV mobilizes two senses, that is, sight and sound, and requires more concentration. For this reason, the impact of . TV is great because psychologists say that we remember 20 percent of what we hear and 30 percent of what we see, but when sound and vision are combined, we remember as much as 50 percent.

TV is more powerful because it makes the viewer directly participate in what is happening around him which the radio cannot. This difference can be seen in the impact of watching a cricket match on TV or listening to its commentary on radio. Sci people prefer radio because it leaves some room for the viewer to exercise his imagination. The listener forms his own ideal from listening to the voice of the announcer or performer and similarly gives full rein to his imagination while listening to radio plays, and forms his own ideas of the characters and the background. TV, however, is a concrete medium and leaves no room for the imagination.

Studies throughout the world show that TV has had the greatest impact on radio listening and except for recorded music programmes and in some cases the news, most people prefer to watch TV rather than listen to radio.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Google+ Followers

Best Song of the Year Baar Baar by Fysul Mirza

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Trade Cycle 2014

Back to TOP