Education is a social precess which aims at socialization and development of the individuals of the society. Education is carried out in the society. A society consists of various communities. To me, community is a unit of society. In this regard, we may conclude that education, society and community are interlinked and interrelated concepts. Their mutual relation and mutual dependence cab be described in the following heads:-
- Education is the process of the training of the individuals.
- Education is concerned with the preservation and transmission of culture and values.
- The mutual cooperation, integrity and universal brotherhood is promoted by means of the educative process.
- Education derives its aims from society.
- The needs of society and the community are the integral part of the comprehensive program of education.
- The process of training of the individual is carried out in the society.
- Every society has its particular culture and values.
- The mutual cooperation and integrity is essential for the social stability and survival,
- Society determines the destination for education.
- The needs of society and community are generally identical.
- Every society consists of various communities. Community is composed of individuals and the training of the individuals is necessary in the present day social needs.
- The member of a community are acquainted with the social values by means of the educative process.
- The feelings of mutual cooperation and integrity are found in the members of a community.
- The fulfillment of the community needs is necessary for social stability.
- Community is a unit of society. It cannot be separated from the program of education of the society.