Community refers to a group of people living within a specific geographic area who co-operate in all their life activities and who share a sense of belonging.
- Community means a small group of people living in a particular locality and having common interests.
- Community refers to the residents of a local area like a township.
- Community means a group of people having common interests such the a medical community, educational community, intellectual community, government servant community and the white-collar community. Tribes, villages and families are the significant forms of community.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOCIETY AND COMMUNITYThe differences between society and community can be explained in the following lines :-
- Society spread over a vast area.
- A society consists of many communities.
- A society is free from all external pressures and sanctions.
- This is not necessary for the members of a society to be similar in dress, language and customs.
- There is a limited mutual co-operation and dependence in the members of a society.
- Generally, the people of a society are Self-conceited and self-indulged. There is a a lesser sense of belonging in the members of a society.
- A society is aware of the situations and conditions of other societies of the world.
- Society is based on the ontological and metaphysical believe.
- A nation is developed on the basis of a society.
- The individuals of a society gather together on various commercial places.
- The Indian society, the Arabic society, the French society and the Chinese society are the significant examples of a society.
- Community spread over a limited area.
- Community is a unit of society.
- Community is not concerned with the external pressures.
- Similarities in language, dress and customs are generally observed in the people belonging to a community.
- The members of a community depend on one another in their daily life affairs.
- The members of a community share their pleasures and sorrows. Their mutual relationship is exemplary.
- Community is interested in knowing the situations and conditions of its members.
- Community is based on the common interests of the people who think alike.
- Tribes and villages are developed on the basis of a community.
- The members of a community share the same religious and trade centers.
- The tribes, villages and army towns are the significant examples of a community. When we say that the Rajpoot tribe lives in this village, it means that this village belongs to the Rajpoot tribe.